For teacher–led research, we use the Teaching and Learning Academy (TLA), which provides a tried and tested model for practitioner-led research. Canterbury Christ Church University is our external verification partner for the TLA.
As a TSA, The Sweyne Park School provides a range of research engaged projects across the partnership. These include:
- Cross-phase research sharing workshops
- Support for NQT induction
- Specialist coaching and mentoring training
- Research Skills for ITT students in the partnership – support and development training sessions for PGCE assignments
- Retention Programmes for Early Career Teachers across the partnership, with optional TLA accreditation
- Cross-partnership Masters programmes (to be confirmed)
- NCSL Research Projects across the Partnership to evaluate effectiveness of policy and impact on pupil outcomes
- Preparation of SLEs for assessment process to ensure successful accreditation
Heather Hodgkinson is a teacher trainer and consultant at The Sweyne Park School and a Fellow of the Teaching and Learning Academy. Heather has been successfully recognised at stage 2 of the TLA and has a Masters in Educational Leadership with Distinction from the Institute of Education in London. Heather is Sweyne Park’s lead TLA outreach worker and is available to visit schools to provide bespoke support according to your specific needs.
On the right are the sub categories of research available to logged in members. If you are seeing a "Does not have sufficient privileges" notice, please sign up to become a member and gain access to our valuable research archive.