Successful Middle Leadership programme 2020/21 (7 sessions) - starts Wednesday 25th November 2020 - online via Zoom
Designed and facilitated by experience school leaders from the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance, our "Successful Middle Leadership" programme will take place online this year in line with current government guidelines. The programme is aimed at secondary school teachers who are aspiring, new or existing subject or department leaders.
Middle leaders play a vital role in schools, balancing the demands of translating strategic vision into classroom practice while meeting the needs of the pupils and staff with which they work. With such a varied and challenging job, it is essential that middle leaders have the skills and knowledge to help them fulfil their role. This online course is designed to help individuals reflect on their current practice and explore leadership thinking, including the new Ofsted framework. Our aim is to develop the capacity of participants to be confident and successful middle leaders.
- Each online session is delivered by a recognised specialist, with first-hand experience of leadership and management within schools
- Seven twilight online sessions via Zoom (4.00pm-5.30pm) addressing key leadership topics
- Sessions take place over six months (November 2020 - April 2021)
- Between sessions each participant will have the opportunity to reflect and build on their approach to leadership through an Action Research Project focused on their work in school
- Course facilitator Carol Woodhouse (M.A. Dis)
Wednesday 25th November 2020 (4.00-5.30pm) via Zoom
Leadership and Management
- Characteristics of successful leaders and managers
- Values, vision and strategic planning
- Introduction to the individual Action Research project
Tuesday 12th January 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) via Zoom
Addressing the needs of children
- How do you lead on learning that makes a difference to students' outcomes?
- Meeting the diverse needs of learners
- Clarification of individual Action Research project
Wednesday 3rd February 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) via Zoom
Curriculum planning and resource management to support learning and create a strong working atmosphere
- Curriculum planning - long & short term
- Resource implications that support delivery of the plans
- Discussion of on-going Action Research project
Tuesday 23rd February 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) via Zoom
Leading and supporting a successful and sustainable team
- Leading your team through change
- Roles and responsibilities within the team
Wednesday 10th March 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) via Zoom
The importance of communication
- How to handle difficult conversations
- Discussion of individual Action Research project
Tuesday 23rd March 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) via Zoom
Quality assurance - lesson observations, work scrutiny and feedback from students
- Record keeping, data collection and use
Wednesday 21st April 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) via Zoom
- Participants present their Action Research projects in which they have focused on an aspect of their own Leadership
For pdf. programme flyer, please view Successful Middle Leadership programme 2020-21
TO BOOK A PLACE ON THIS ONLINE PROGRAMME, PLEASE SELECT THE FIRST SESSION OF THIS COURSE ON OUR TRAINING TAB AND COMPLETE THE BOOKING PROCEDURE.
This course will now be delivered through online sessions via Zoom in line with current government guidelines.