NPQSL programme available through BTSA starting autumn term 2020 - discounted price available through BTSA
The Benfleet Teaching School Alliance is delighted to announce their new partnership with Outstanding Leaders Partnership (OLP) which enables us to offer an NPQSL programme for 2020/21. As partners, the Benfleet TSA is eligible for a discounted price so we are able to offer our NPQSL at £1,250 and not £1,350 as advertised on OLP website.
EACH NPQSL TRAINING DAY DELIVERED BY THE BENFLEET TSA WILL BE HOSTED BY BOTH A PRIMARY AND SECONDARY FACILITATOR TO ENSURE CROSS-PHASE SUPPORT FOR ALL CANDIDATES
The NPQSL is accredited by the DfE and provides recognition of leadership development and professional achievement for senior leaders who are looking for further professional development but not yet aspiring to headship.
NPQSL is for those who are, or are aspiring to become, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities such as an experienced middle leader, a deputy headteacher, a SEN coordinator, an assistant headteacher or other senior staff.
In order to be accepted onto the qualification candidates must have their application endorsed by their Headteacher via a signed Headteacher declaration.
Benefits for Candidates
- Improve outcomes for pupils across the school
- Increased awareness and understanding of self and of behaviours needed to lead across a school
- Time to reflect on leadership practice and ability to check learning and development needs
- Increased capability and capacity to take on leadership across a school - having the skills, knowledge and understanding to do the job more effectively
Benefits for School
- Support succession of school leaders and build a cohesive, impact-focused school leadership team
- Evidence-based sustainable school improvement undertaken to reduce variation in pupil progress and attainment and to improve teaching
- A professionally aware and informed leader who can make evidence-based decisions and approach new challenges in an effective and efficient manner
- The ability to review and evaluate practice in order to bring about change and get the best for young people and staff within the organisation
- Leadership diagnostic - work based peer feedback at the start and end of the qualification, aligned to content requirements, providing complete feedback on candidate strengths and areas for development (2 hours guided learning)
- *Face-to-face events - 3 full day events taking place at The King John School, Benfleet hosted by both a primary and secondary NPQ facilitator consisting of tailored practice tasks, group networking and self-managed learning interaction supporting powerful dialogue and leadership training (24 hours guided learning)
- Online courses - 3 facilitated online courses each consisting of 4 modules covering: Strategy & Improvement, Teaching & Curriculum Excellence and Managing Resources & Risk (60 hours guided learning)
- Online briefings - A series of online briefings providing key qualification information, support, guidance and assessment insight (6 hours guided learning)
Following government guidelines, all face-to-face events are currently being delivered remotely. Face-to-face training will be reviewed in 2021 and offered if appropriate and once safety guidance permits.
For full qualification schedule and content details, please select this event under Training Courses and click on our Sessions tab.
For further details of our NPQSL programme, please view NPQSL Qualification Specification
FUNDING FOR SCHOOLS IN OPPORTUNITY OR CATEGORY 5 & 6 AREAS
THE DFE HAS ANNOUNCED THAT FULL NPQ SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING FOR SCHOOLS IN OPPORTUINITY OR CATEGORY 5 AND 6 AREAS HAS BEEN EXTENDED. TO ENSURE YOUR BEST CHANCE OF SECURING THIS FUNDING, WE RECOMMEND THAT CANDIDATES APPLY BEFORE 24TH JULY 2020. IT MAY STILL BE POSSIBLE TO APPLY DURING THE SUMMER BUT FUNDING IS LIMITED SO CANNOT THEN BE GUARANTEED.
ALL CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAMME USING THE FOLLOWING LINK AND BENFLEET TSA CODE BENFL TO QUALIFY FOR THE DISCOUNTED PRICE:
(The declaration form download for your Headteacher and Apply Now options can be found on the right-hand side of the OLP page).
ALL CANDIDATES MUST USE THE PARTNER ALLOCATION CODE, WHICH ENSURES REGISTRATION WITH BENFLEET TSA AND ACCESS TO THE DISCOUNTED PARTNER PRICE.
OUR PARTNER ALLOCATION CODE IS: BENFL
PARTNER NAME IS LISTED AS Benfleet TSA.