Secondary Successful Middle Leadership programme 2020-21 (7-sessions): Session 1 - Leadership & Management - online via Microsoft Teams(ID 845)
If you have any questions or would like help to make your booking, please telephone 01702 558284 ext 6752.
Click for prices!
- Important Info
Designed and facilitated by experienced school leaders from the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance, our "Successful Middle Leadership" programme will take place online this year in line with current government guidelines. The programme is aimed at secondary school teachers who are aspiring, new or existing subject or department leaders.
Middle leaders play a vital role in schools, balancing the demands of translating strategic vision into classroom practice while meeting the needs of the pupils and staff with which they work. With such a varied and challenging job, it is essential that middle leaders have the skills and knowledge to help them fulfil their role. This online course is designed to help individuals reflect on their current practice and explore leadership thinking, including the new Ofsted framework. Our aim is to develop the capacity of participants to be confident and successful middle leaders.
- Each online session is delivered by a recognised specialist, with first-hand experience of leadership and management within schools
- Seven twilight online sessions via Microsoft Teams (4.00pm-5.30pm) addressing key leadership topics
- Sessions take place over six months (January - April 2021)
- Between sessions each participant will have the opportunity to reflect and build on their approach to leadership through an Action Research Project focused on their work in school
For individual online session details, please select our Sessions tab above.
For pdf. programme flyer, please view Successful Middle Leadership 2021
TO BOOK A PLACE ON THIS ONLINE PROGRAMME, PLEASE ADD NUMBER OF DELEGATES TO THE CART ABOVE. THE PRICE STATED RELATES TO ALL SEVEN SESSIONS OF THIS COURSE.
This course will now be delivered through online sessions via Microsoft Teams in line with current government guidelines.
|No. of people||Description||Price|
Tuesday 19th January 2021 (4.00-5.30pm) via Microsoft Teams
Leadership and Management
- Characteristics of successful leaders and managers
- Values, vision and strategic planning
- Introduction to the individual Action Research project
Tuesday 9th February 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) via Microsoft Teams
Addressing the needs of children
- How do you lead on learning that makes a difference to students' outcomes?
- Meeting the diverse needs of learners
- Clarification of individual Action Research project
Tuesday 23rd February 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) via Microsoft Teams
Curriculum planning and resource management to support learning and create a strong working atmosphere
- Curriculum planning - long & short term
- Resource implications that support delivery of the plans
- Discussion of on-going Action Research project
Tuesday 9th March 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) via Microsoft Teams
Leading and supporting a successful and sustainable team
- Leading your team through change
- Roles and responsibilities within the team
Tuesday 23rd March 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) via Microsoft Teams
The importance of communication
- How to handle difficult conversations
- Discussion of individual Action Research project
Tuesday 13th April 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) via Microsoft Teams
Quality assurance - lesson observations, work scrutiny and feedback from students
- Record keeping, data collection and use
Tuesday 27th April 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) via Microsoft Teams
- Participants present their Action Research projects in which they have focused on an aspect of their own Leadership
This session will take place online via Microsoft Teams. Please ensure that you have received joining instructions, or a code, prior to the session.
Please contact Denise Mair on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or have not received joining instructions.
Use of Microsoft Teams
Once your organisation has access to Teams, you can: download the desktop application, access Teams through your browser or download the mobile app.
Click Teams on the left side of the app, then click Join or create a team at the bottom of your teams list.
Go to Join a team with a code (the second tile), paste the code in the Enter code box, and click Join.
Please can all delegates ensure they arrive at their destination 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the event. This will allow time for delegates to sign in at reception and be escorted to the meeting room.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Should delegates wish to cancel a place on a course you must notify the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance Manager, Denise Mair at DeniseM@thekjs.com.
Failure to attend a course will be considered a cancellation and as such no refund will be offered. If you cancel a place on a fee-paying course within four working weeks, 50% of the fee paid will be reimbursed. Cancellations received within two working weeks will incur the full fee paid. Non-attendance of funded or free places without notification of extenuating circumstances within 48 hours will result in a charge to the school/organisation of £35 per session. Please inform us if you are unable to attend as this may allow another delegate to attend in your place.
Showing all this categories events, places available, in all locations. Filter locations by selecting only the ones you wish to see. . Click a course to book.