Secondary Successful Middle Leadership programme 2019-20: Session 6 - Quality assurance - IMPACT(ID 775)
If you have any questions or would like help to make your booking, please telephone 01702 558284 ext 6752.
Click for prices!
- Important Info
Designed and facilitated by experience school leaders from the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance, the "Successful Middle Leadership" programme is aimed at secondary school teachers who are aspiring, new or existing middle leaders.
The 7-session course explores key aspects of the new Ofsted Framework and is designed to reflect current leadership thinking and develop the capacity of participants to be confident and successful leaders in school.
- The course has been restructured in light of the new Ofsted Framework and reflects the impact of middle leaders in developing an effective curriculum
- Each session is delivered by a recognised specialist, with first-hand experience of leadership and management within schools
- Seven twilight sessions (4.00pm-5.30pm) addressing key leadership topics
- Sessions take place over six months (October 2019 - March 2020)
- Between sessions each participant will have the opportunity to reflect and build on their approach to leadership through an Action Research Project focused on their work in school
- Course facilitator Carol Woodhouse (M.A. Dis)
For individual session details, please select our Sessions tab above.
For pdf. programme flyer, please view Successful Middle Leadership programme 2019-20
TO BOOK A PLACE ON THIS COURSE, PLEASE CLICK ON THE FIRST SESSION BUTTON BELOW AND ADD DELEGATES TO OUR CART. THE PRICE LISTED RELATES TO ALL SEVEN SESSIONS OF THIS COURSE.
|No. of people||Description||Price|
Tuesday 22nd October 2019 (4.00-5.30pm) at The King John School
Leadership and Management - INTENT
- Characteristics of successful leaders and managers
- Values, vision and strategic planning
- Introduction to the individual Action Research project
Tuesday 5th November 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Addressing the needs of children - INTENT & IMPLEMENTATION
- How do you lead on learning that makes a difference to students' outcomes?
- Meeting the diverse needs of learners
- Clarification of individual Action Research project
Wednesday 27th November 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Curriculum planning and resource management to support learning and create a strong working atmosphere - INTENT & IMPLEMENTATION
- Curriculum planning - long & short term
- Resource implications that support delivery of the plans
- Discussion of on-going Action Research project
Wednesday 15th January 2020 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Leading and supporting a successful and sustainable team - INTENT & IMPLEMENTATION
- Leading your team through change
- Roles and responsibilities within the team
Wednesday 12th February 2020 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
The importance of communication - INTENT & IMPLEMENTATION
- How to handle difficult conversations
- Discussion of individual Action Research project
Tuesday 3rd March 2020 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Quality assurance - lesson observations, work scrutiny and feedback from students - IMPACT
- Record keeping, data collection and use
Tuesday 24th March 2020 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Celebration event - IMPACT
- Participants present their Action Research projects in which they have focused on an aspect of their own Leadership
This event will be held at The King John School:
The King John School
This event will be held in the meeting room in the Humanities block which is situated at the rear of The King John School. Please come to the school entrance on Benfleet Road and park in the car park at the rear. The Humanities Block is located to the left of the car park and participants will be able to sign in at reception there.
Please can all delegates ensure they arrive at their destination 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the event. This will allow time for delegates to sign in at reception and be escorted to the meeting room.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Should delegates wish to cancel a place on a course you must notify the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance Manager, Denise Mair at DeniseM@thekjs.com.
Failure to attend a course will be considered a cancellation and as such no refund will be offered. If you cancel a place on a fee-paying course within four working weeks, 50% of the fee paid will be reimbursed. Cancellations received within two working weeks will incur the full fee paid. Non-attendance of funded or free places without notification of extenuating circumstances within 48 hours will result in a charge to the school/organisation of £35 per session. Please inform us if you are unable to attend as this may allow another delegate to attend in your place.
Showing all this categories events, places available, in all locations. Filter locations by selecting only the ones you wish to see. . Click a course to book.