Secondary Impact through Leadership programme 2018-19: Session 1 - Leadership & Management(ID 586)
If you have any questions or would like help to make your booking, please telephone 01702 558284 ext 6752.
Click for prices!
- Important Info
Designed and facilitated by experience school leaders from the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance, the "Impact through Leadership" programme supports individuals in developing as confident and successful middle leaders.
This 7-session programme is open to secondary teachers who are new to middle leadership roles or preparing to take on a middle-leadership role for the first time.
For full details, please view Secondary Impact throught Leadership programme 2018-19
TO BOOK A PLACE ON THIS PROGRAMME, PLEASE ADD NUMBER OF DELEGATES TO THE CART ABOVE. THE PRICE RELATES TO ALL SEVEN SESSIONS OF THIS COURSE.
|No. of people||Description||Price|
- Each session is delivered by a recognised specialist, with first-hand experience of leadership and management within schools
- Seven twilight sessions (4.00pm-5.30pm) addressing key leadership topics
- Sessions take place over six months (October 2018 - March 2019)
- Between sessions each participant will have the opportunity to reflect and build on their approach to leadership through an Action Research Project focused on their work in school
- Course facilitator Anthony Sappong (NPQSL)
Tuesday 2nd October 2018 (4.00-5.30pm) at The King John School
What makes a successful leader?
- Leadership and management
- Characteristics of successful leaders and managers
- Introduction to accompanying Action Research project to be completed by participants
Tuesday 6th November 2018 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Leading a high performing team
- Developing the traits of a high performing team
- Leading your team through change
Wednesday 28th November 2018 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Leading learning in your team
- What does the latest research say about effective learning?
- How do you lead on learning that makes a difference to students' outcomes?
Wednesday 9th January 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
How to handle difficult conversations
- How do you prepare for the conversation?
- How do you manage yourself during the conversation?
- How does this apply to performance management?
- Follow up on Action Research project
Tuesday 5th February 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
How to conduct lesson observations & learning walks
- Planning and preparing for the observations
- Conducting the observation
- Giving written and oral feedback after the observation
- Record keeping
Tuesday 5th March 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
How to use data to plan effective interventions
- Deciding what data to look at
- Identifying who needs intervention
- Deciding on intervention strategies
Wednesday 27th March 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Presentation on Leadership in Education
- Celebration event
- Participants present their Action Research projects in which they have focused on an aspect of their own Leadership
This event will be held at The King John School:
The King John School
This event will be held in the meeting room in the Humanities block which is situated at the rear of The King John School. Please come to the school entrance on Benfleet Road and park in the car park at the rear. The Humanities Block is located to the left of the car park and participants will be able to sign in at reception there.
Please can all delegates ensure they arrive at their destination 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the event. This will allow time for delegates to sign in at reception and be escorted to the meeting room.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Should delegates wish to cancel a place on a course you must notify the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance Manager, Denise Mair at DeniseM@thekjs.com.
Failure to attend a course will be considered a cancellation and as such no refund will be offered. If you cancel a place on a fee-paying course within four working weeks, 50% of the fee paid will be reimbursed. Cancellations received within two working weeks will incur the full fee paid. Non-attendance of funded or free places without notification of extenuating circumstances within 48 hours will result in a charge to the school/organisation of £35 per session. Please inform us if you are unable to attend as this may allow another delegate to attend in your place.
Showing all this categories events, places available, in all locations. Filter locations by selecting only the ones you wish to see. . Click a course to book.