Pastoral Leaders Programme 2020-21 (7 sessions): Session 2 - SEMH and Post-Covid support - online via Zoom(ID 892)
If you have any questions or would like help to make your booking, please telephone 01702 558284 ext 6752.
Click for prices!
- Important Info
Designed and facilitated by experienced school leaders/SLEs from the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance, our programme provides support and develops understanding throughout all areas of pastoral leadership.
This 7-session programme is suitable for secondary teachers with responsibility for pastoral leadership in their schools or those wishing to enter into pastoral leadership as a middle leader.
This year's programme includes SEMH and strategies to support students (and staff) post-Covid.
- Each session is delivered by a recognised specialist, with first-hand experience of pastoral leadership and management within their school
- Seven twilight sessions (4.00pm-5.30pm) addressing key pastoral leadership topics
- Sessions take place during 2020/21 (November - June 2021)
- Each participant will have the opportunity to reflect and build on their approach to pastoral leadership through an Action Research Project focused on their work in school
- Course facilitator Tammy Nicholls & specialist leaders
To view individual session details, please click on our Sessions tab above.
For full details, please view Pastoral Leaders Programme 2020-21
TO BOOK A PLACE ON THIS COURSE, PLEASE CLICK ON THE FIRST SESSION BUTTON BELOW AND ADD DELEGATES TO OUR CART. THE PRICE LISTED RELATES TO ALL SEVEN SESSIONS OF THIS COURSE.
This course will be offered online following government guidelines at the time of delivery.
|No. of people||Description||Price|
Tuesday 17th November 2020 (4.00-5.30pm) via Zoom
Managing yourself and your team
- Introduction to accompanying self-led action research project to be completed by participants
- Leadership and management of your team
- Holding others to account
Tuesday 19th January 2021 (4.00-5.30pm) via Zoom
SEMH and Post-Covid support
- Awareness of the importance of Mental Health and Well-being in schools
- Understanding the implications of KCSIE 2020 and its links to mental health
- Awareness of the PSHE/RSE 2020 guidance and how mental health fits into this
- Strategies to support students (and staff) post-Covid
Tuesday 9th February 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) via Zoom
Setting standards and expectations
- Making effective use of tutor time to support outcomes
- Expectations and tutor programmes
- Utilising enrichment programmes and opportunities
Tuesday 16th March 2021 (4.00pm-6.30pm) via Zoom
- Deciding what data to use to support your role as a pastoral leader
- Using appropriate data to identify underperformance
- Targeting data to support student progress and those who are disadvantaged
Tuesday 20th April 2021 (4.00pm-6.30pm) at The King John School
- Identifying different types of strategies and interventions
- What works for who?
- Pastoral intervention to support progress
- Engagement and involvement of parents
- Mid-point reflection on self-led projects
Tuesday 18th May 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Behaviour and attendance
- How do you deal with challenging behaviour and attendance?
- What strategies could you utilise?
- What are the barriers and constraints to this?
- How do you overcome them?
Tuesday 22nd June 2021 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Outside agencies, Safeguarding and project presentations
- Working with outside agencies
- Utilising free support and resources
- Where to go next? What else can we do?
- Extended understanding of safeguarding as a Pastoral Leader
- Q&A for any participant led discussions from the course
- Presentation of self-led action research projects
This session will take place online via Zoom. Please ensure that you have received joining instructions, including an ID number and password, prior to the session.
Please contact Denise Mair on email@example.com if you have any questions or have not received joining instructions.
Use of Zoom
For those of you that may not have used Zoom before, please load the app onto your chosen devise then simply click on the session link provided or select “Join meeting” and type in the ID number and password provided. Remember to activate your video and audio so that you can be seen and heard by everybody and select gallery view (tap on top left of tablets for this option or swipe right on mobiles) so that you can see other participants and your facilitator.
Please can all delegates ensure they arrive at their destination 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the event. This will allow time for delegates to sign in at reception and be escorted to the meeting room.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Should delegates wish to cancel a place on a course you must notify the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance Manager, Denise Mair at DeniseM@thekjs.com.
Failure to attend a course will be considered a cancellation and as such no refund will be offered. If you cancel a place on a fee-paying course within four working weeks, 50% of the fee paid will be reimbursed. Cancellations received within two working weeks will incur the full fee paid. Non-attendance of funded or free places without notification of extenuating circumstances within 48 hours will result in a charge to the school/organisation of £35 per session. Please inform us if you are unable to attend as this may allow another delegate to attend in your place.
Showing all this categories events, places available, in all locations. Filter locations by selecting only the ones you wish to see. . Click a course to book.