Pastoral Leaders programme 2019: Session 6 - Outside agencies(ID 671)
If you have any questions or would like help to make your booking, please telephone 01702 558284 ext 6752.
Click for prices!
- Important Info
Designed and facilitated by experienced school leaders/SLEs from the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance, our programme provides support and develops understanding throughout all areas of pastoral leadership.
This 7-session programme is suitable for secondary teachers with responsibility for pastoral leadership in their schools or those wishing to enter into pastoral leadership as a middle leader.
- Each session is delivered by a recognised specialist, with first-hand experience of pastoral leadership and management within their school
- Seven twilight sessions (4.00pm-5.30pm) addressing key pastoral leadership topics
- Sessions take place over six months (January - July 2019)
- Each participant will have the opportunity to reflect and build on their approach to pastoral leadership through an Action Research Project focused on their work in school
- Course facilitator Tammy Nicholls
For full details, please view Pastoral Leaders programme 2019
TO BOOK A PLACE ON THIS COURSE, PLEASE CLICK ON THE FIRST SESSION BUTTON BELOW AND ADD DELEGATES TO OUR CART. THE PRICE LISTED RELATES TO ALL SEVEN SESSIONS OF THIS COURSE.
|No. of people||Description||Price|
Monday 14th January 2019 (4.00-5.30pm) at The King John School
Managing yourself and your team
- Introduction to accompanying self-led action research project to be completed by participants
- Leadership and management of your team
- Holding others to account
Monday 11th February 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Setting standards and expectations
- Making effective use of tutor time to support outcomes
- Expectations and tutor programmes
- Utilising enrichment programmes and opportunities
Monday 18th March 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
- Deciding what data to use to support your role as a pastoral leader
- Using appropriate data to identify underperformance
- Targeting data to support student progress and those who are disadvantaged
Monday 29th April 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Strategies to support
- Identifying different types of strategies and interventions
- What works for who?
- Pastoral intervention to support progress
- Engagement and involvement of parents
- Mid-point reflection on self-led projects
Monday 20th May 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Behaviour and attendance
- How do you deal with challenging behaviour and attendance?
- What strategies could you utilise?
- What are the barriers and constraints to this? How do you overcome them?
Monday 17th June 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
- Working with outside agencies
- Utilising free support and resources
- Where to go next? What else can we do?
Monday 8th July 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Safeguarding and project presentations
- Extended understanding of safeguarding as a Pastoral Leader
- Q&A for any participant led discussions from the course
- Presentation of self-led action research projects
This event will be held at The King John School:
The King John School
This event will be held in the meeting room in the Humanities block which is situated at the rear of The King John School. Please come to the school entrance on Benfleet Road and park in the car park at the rear. The Humanities Block is located to the left of the car park and participants will be able to sign in at reception there.
Please can all delegates ensure they arrive at their destination 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the event. This will allow time for delegates to sign in at reception and be escorted to the meeting room.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Should delegates wish to cancel a place on a course you must notify the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance Manager, Denise Mair at DeniseM@thekjs.com.
Failure to attend a course will be considered a cancellation and as such no refund will be offered. If you cancel a place on a fee-paying course within four working weeks, 50% of the fee paid will be reimbursed. Cancellations received within two working weeks will incur the full fee paid. Non-attendance of funded or free places without notification of extenuating circumstances within 48 hours will result in a charge to the school/organisation of £35 per session. Please inform us if you are unable to attend as this may allow another delegate to attend in your place.
Showing all this categories events, places available, in all locations. Filter locations by selecting only the ones you wish to see. . Click a course to book.