Emerging Leaders programme 2018-19: Session 5 - Forging Ahead Part 1(ID 641)
If you have any questions or would like help to make your booking, please telephone 01702 558284 ext 6752.
Click for prices!
- Important Info
This programme aims to support teachers to establish their leadership potential.
This 6-session programme is suitable for qualified teachers in their 2nd - 5th year of teaching who wish to enhance their understanding of effective working and explore ways to share good practice and develop their career.
The programme aims to assist in retaining teachers within our profession and building a network of support to aid future progression. The course is an excellent precursor to our acclaimed middle leaders programme.
This course is suitable for primary and secondary phases.
TO BOOK A PLACE ON THIS COURSE, PLEASE CLICK ON THE FIRST SESSION BUTTON BELOW AND ADD DELEGATES TO OUR CART. THE PRICE STATED RELATES TO ALL SIX SESSIONS OF THIS COURSE.
|No. of people||Description||Price|
- Six twilight sessions (4.00pm-5.15pm) to develop effective working and explore researach as a tool for enhancing teaching and learning
- Sessions take place over academic year (October 2018 - July 2019)
- Course facilitators: Sarah Parsonson & Nicola White
- To share and develop exciting good practice thus retaining qualified teachers to the profession
- To engage with relevant research to provide the basis to positively influence classroom practice and leadership
- To develop an understanding of effective working as a teacher and a leader of a team
- To learn more about one's self through exploring personal styles, use of emotional intelligence and overcoming barriers
- To develop coaching and reflection skills as part of the learning journey
- To explore pathways to further success including the importance of achieving a work/life balance
- To build a network of support with other like-minded teachers in the Benfleet area
(All sessions take place 4.00pm-5.15pm at The Appleton School, Benfleet)
Wednesday 17th October 2018
Session 1: Great Teaching Part 1 - Becoming an expert practitioner in the classroom through impact, reflection and risk!
- Importance of reflection - participants have pre-course material (staff can consider relevance to programme and introduce key content)
- Consider components of Great Teaching (diamond 9)
- Introduction to action research to develop an understanding of how action research can enhance and develop 'great teaching' (explanation)
- To consider findings of educational research in relation to flipped learning and metacognition and explore practical strategies that can be employed to trial in lessons (reading/discussion/plans going forward)
Wednesday 14th November 2018
Session 2: Great Teaching Part 2 - Becoming an expert practitioner in the classroom through impact, reflection and risk!
- To share personal reflections regarding flipped learning and metacognition through group discussions (spectrum activity)
- To consider findings of educational research in relation to active learning particularly focusing on AfL including teacher, peer and self-marking
- To examine the benefits of self, peer and teacher marking and its impact on progress
- To evaluate the impact of reflection/action research in improving as a practitioner
Wednesday 23rd January 2019
Session 3: Leading Learning Part 1 - Taking others with you through inspiration, vision and values
- To explore the concept of inspirational leadership and what it looks like in practice (participants could come with an inspirational quote)
- Discussion of leadership characteristics
- To identify current leadership strengths and areas for development
- To develop and understand the stages of team development as a leader of the team
- To consider the impact that various attributes can have on leadership performance (Mr Men activity)
- In preparation for session 5, peer observations to be organised focusing on participants perceived areas of weakness
Wednesday 13th March 2019
Session 4: Leading Learning Part 2 - Taking others with you through inspiration, vision and values
- Creating a vision
- Selling the vision
- To explore the use of delegation, distributed leadership, motivation and feedback as part of the development of others
- To consider the features of effective feedback in relation to lesson observations
Wednesday 24th April 2019
Session 5: Forging Ahead Part 1 - Pathways to further success
- To share our learning development from observing other practitioners
- To understand how emotional intelligence can help us on our journey to 'greatness'
- To develop an understanding of the barriers of time and people and how to create a work life balance
Wednesday 10th July 2019
Session 6: Forging Ahead Part 2 - Pathways to further success
- To understand the use of coaching and reflection skills as part of our learning development and overcoming barriers
- Where now - begin to explore next steps on our pathways to further success
This event is held at The Appleton School:
The Appleton School
Please come to the main reception on Croft Road to sign in and you will be escorted to the meeting room.
Please can all delegates ensure they arrive at their destination 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the event. This will allow time for delegates to sign in at reception and be escorted to the meeting room.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Should delegates wish to cancel a place on a course you must notify the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance Manager, Denise Mair at DeniseM@thekjs.com.
Failure to attend a course will be considered a cancellation and as such no refund will be offered. If you cancel a place on a fee-paying course within four working weeks, 50% of the fee paid will be reimbursed. Cancellations received within two working weeks will incur the full fee paid. Non-attendance of funded or free places without notification of extenuating circumstances within 48 hours will result in a charge to the school/organisation of £35 per session. Please inform us if you are unable to attend as this may allow another delegate to attend in your place.
Showing all this categories events, places available, in all locations. Filter locations by selecting only the ones you wish to see. . Click a course to book.