Behaviour Management programme 2020: Session 3 ONLY - Building rapport and successful learning environments(ID 750)
If you have any questions or would like help to make your booking, please telephone 01702 558284 ext 6752.
Click for prices!
- Important Info
Designed and facilitated by experienced school leaders from the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance, this short programme provides effective support and classroom strategies to successfully manage challenging behaviour and build a consistent learning environment.
This 3-session programme is suitable for secondary teachers at all levels including cover supervisors and staff with special responsibility for behaviour management within their schools.
- Each session is delivered by a recognised specialist with first-hand experience of behaviour management within schools
- Three twilight sessions (4.00pm-5.30pm) addressing key behaviour management topics
- Sessions take place January - March 2020
- Course facilitator Mark Radley, Director, The King John School
- Tuesday 21st January 2020 - Behaviour Management tools
- Tuesday 11th February 2020 - Communication and body language
- Tuesday 17th March 2020 - Building rapport and successful learning environments
(Sessions are available to book individually at a cost of £30 per delegate - please select the appropriate event and complete the booking procedure should you wish to book an individual session).
For full details, please view Behaviour Management programme 2020
TO BOOK A PLACE ON THIS SESSION ONLY, PLEASE ADD NUMBER OF DELEGATES TO THE CART ABOVE AND COMPLETE THE BOOKING PROCEDURE. THE PRICE SHOWN ONLY RELATES TO THIS SESSION.
FOR FURTHER SESSIONS, PLEASE SELECT THE APPROPRIATE SESSION DATES AND COMPLETE BOOKINGS AS REQUIRED.
TO BOOK A PLACE ON THIS FULL PROGRAMME, PLEASE SELECT THE 3-SESSION PROGRAMME EVENT BUTTON BELOW AND THEN ADD NUMBER OF DELEGATES TO THE CART. THE COST FOR THE FULL PROGRAMME (THREE SESSIONS) IS DISCOUNTED TO £75.
|No. of people||Description||Price|
Tuesday 21st January 2020 (4.00-5.30pm) at The King John School
Behaviour Management Tools
- What is behaviour and why do some students struggle more than others?
- Guide to skills and tactics used to ensure students understand, meet and follow staff expectations
- What is your school/own personal expectations and standards within the classroom?
- Tools to support those students who struggle to meet our expectations
Tuesday 11th February 2020 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Communication and body language
- Why proximity and positive body language can de-escalate low level disruption?
- Exploring how our body language can support young people in making the right choices
- How does our use of language impact what we expect from young people?
- How to behaviour manage through our questioning and asking the right questions
- How does the use of choice support young people in making correct decisions?
Tuesday 17th March 2020 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Building rapport and successful learning environments
- Understanding how a consistent approach helps both staff and students
- Using practical guidelines to effectively start, teach and end lessons in a consistent and positive manner
- Allowing students to learn through feedback, rewards and sanctions
- Exploring how we can use take up time and detentions to build rapport and reinforce expectations
This event will be held at The King John School:
The King John School
This event will be held in the meeting room in the Humanities block which is situated at the rear of The King John School. Please come to the school entrance on Benfleet Road and park in the car park at the rear. The Humanities Block is located to the left of the car park and participants will be able to sign in at reception there.
Please can all delegates ensure they arrive at their destination 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the event. This will allow time for delegates to sign in at reception and be escorted to the meeting room.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Should delegates wish to cancel a place on a course you must notify the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance Manager, Denise Mair at DeniseM@thekjs.com.
Failure to attend a course will be considered a cancellation and as such no refund will be offered. If you cancel a place on a fee-paying course within four working weeks, 50% of the fee paid will be reimbursed. Cancellations received within two working weeks will incur the full fee paid. Non-attendance of funded or free places without notification of extenuating circumstances within 48 hours will result in a charge to the school/organisation of £35 per session. Please inform us if you are unable to attend as this may allow another delegate to attend in your place.
Showing all this categories events, places available, in all locations. Filter locations by selecting only the ones you wish to see. . Click a course to book.