Behaviour Management programme 2019: Session 5 ONLY - Using sanctions to build rapport with students (ID 684)
If you have any questions or would like help to make your booking, please telephone 01702 558284 ext 6752.
Click for prices!
- Important Info
Designed and facilitated by experienced school leaders from the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance, our programme provides effective support and classroom strategies to successfully manage challenging behaviour and build a consistent learning environment.
This 6-session programme is suitable for secondary teachers at all levels including cover supervisors and staff with special responsibility for behaviour management within their schools.
- Each session is delivered by a recognised specialist with first-hand experience of behaviour management within schools
- Six twilight sessions (4.00pm-5.30pm) addressing key behaviour management topics
- Sessions take place over five months (February - June 2019)
- Course facilitator Mark Radley, Director, The King John School
- Monday 11th February - Effective classroom management and use of behaviour systems
- Monday 11th March - Understanding proximity and positive body language to de-escalate behaviour
- Monday 25th March - Effective questioning and use of language
- Monday 29th April - Building a consistent learning environment
- Monday 20th May - Using sanctions to build rapport with students
- Monday 17th June - Leading our classrooms and staying in control
(Sessions 1, 2, 3 & 5 are available to book as stand-alone sessions at a cost of £30 per delegate - please select the appropriate event and complete the booking procedure should you wish to book an individual session).
For full details, please view Behaviour Management programme 2019
TO BOOK A PLACE ON THIS SESSION ONLY, PLEASE ADD NUMBER OF DELEGATES TO THE CART ABOVE AND COMPLETE THE BOOKING PROCEDURE. THE PRICE SHOWN ONLY RELATES TO THIS SESSION.
FOR FURTHER SESSIONS, PLEASE SELECT THE APPROPRIATE SESSION DATES AND COMPLETE BOOKINGS AS REQUIRED.
TO BOOK A PLACE ON THIS FULL PROGRAMME, PLEASE SELECT THE PROGRAMME EVENT ON 11TH FEBRUARY AND ADD NUMBER OF DELEGATES TO THE CART ABOVE. THE COST FOR THE FULL PROGRAMME (SIX SESSIONS) IS £150.
|No. of people||Description||Price|
Monday 11th February 2019 (4.00-5.30pm) at The King John School
Effective classroom management and use of behaviour systems
- What is behaviour and why do some students struggle more than others?
- What is your school/own personal expectations and standards within the classroom?
- Tools to support those students who struggle to meet our expectations.
Monday 11th March 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Understanding proximity and postive body language to de-escalate behaviour
- Why proximity and positive body language can de-escalate low level disruption?
- Exploring how our body language can support young people in making the right choices
Monday 25th March 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Effective questioning and use of language
- How does our use of language impact what we expect from young people?
- How to behaviour manage through our questioning and asking the right questions
- How does the use of choice support young people in making correct decisions?
Monday 29th April 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Building a consistent learning environment
- Understanding how a consistent approach helps both staff and students
- Using practical guidelines to effectively start, teach and end lessons in a consistent and positive manner
Monday 20th May 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Using sanctions to build rapport with students
- Allowing students to learn through feedback, rewards and sanctions
- Exploring how we can use take up time and detentions to build rapport and reinforce expectations
Monday 17th June 2019 (4.00pm-5.30pm) at The King John School
Leading our classrooms and staying in control
- What should we do post incident?
- How to ensure that behaviour is not repeated
- What support can be offered and what does a fresh start look like?
- Why is mediation and reintegration as useful to staff as the student?
This event will be held at The King John School:
The King John School
This event will be held in the meeting room in the Humanities block which is situated at the rear of The King John School. Please come to the school entrance on Benfleet Road and park in the car park at the rear. The Humanities Block is located to the left of the car park and participants will be able to sign in at reception there.
Please can all delegates ensure they arrive at their destination 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the event. This will allow time for delegates to sign in at reception and be escorted to the meeting room.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Should delegates wish to cancel a place on a course you must notify the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance Manager, Denise Mair at DeniseM@thekjs.com.
Failure to attend a course will be considered a cancellation and as such no refund will be offered. If you cancel a place on a fee-paying course within four working weeks, 50% of the fee paid will be reimbursed. Cancellations received within two working weeks will incur the full fee paid. Non-attendance of funded or free places without notification of extenuating circumstances within 48 hours will result in a charge to the school/organisation of £35 per session. Please inform us if you are unable to attend as this may allow another delegate to attend in your place.
Showing all this categories events, places available, in all locations. Filter locations by selecting only the ones you wish to see. . Click a course to book.