Primary Impact through Leadership programme 2020: Session 3 - Leading a high performing team(ID 764)
If you have any questions or would like help to make your booking, please telephone 01702 558284 ext 6752.
Click for prices!
- Important Info
Designed and facilitated by an experience school leader/CEO from the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance, our "Impact through Leadership" programme supports individuals in developing as confident and successful middle leaders.
This 6-session programme is suitable for Deputy Head teachers, middle leaders and anyone aspiring to a leadership role within the primary or special school sector.
This course has proved extremely successful each year and we have received 100% positive feedback with participants loving the "think-pair-share" approach offering delegates a chance to reflect on questions and share with partners before bringing their response to the group. A number of our delegates have now found positions as Deputy Heads and/or Headteachers. Feedback from previous year's participants includes:
"This course helped me to hold staff to account and maintain relationships in order to continue school improvement"
"I realised the value of developing teams and communicating my vision for education"
"Sharing ideas helped clarify thinking and created sustainable relationships that I know will be valuable now and into the future"
The programme consists of 6 twilight sessions (4.00pm-5.30pm) taking place between January - June 2020 at Kingston Primary School (please see Sessions for further details).
TO BOOK A PLACE ON THIS COURSE, PLEASE CLICK ON THE FIRST SESSION BUTTON BELOW AND ADD DELEGATES TO OUR CART. THE PRICE LISTED RELATES TO ALL SIX SESSIONS OF THIS COURSE.
|No. of people||Description||Price|
- Each session is delivered by a recognised specialist, with first-hand experience of leadership and management within schools
- Six twilight sessions (4.00pm-5.30pm) addressing key leadership topics
- Sessions take place over academic year (January - June 2020) at Kingston Primary School
- Between sessions each participant will have the opportunity to reflect and build on their approach to leadership through an Action Research Project focused on their work in school
- Course facilitator Tania Perry, Educational Consultant
Tania Perry has served as CEO of Robus Multi Academy Trust. She is a trained Ofsted inspector and is qualified to inspect in the primary, special and independent sectors.
Tania has taken an active role in establishing and working within the highly successful Benfleet Teaching School Alliance. As one of the lead partners, she has been effective in securing grants for school improvement in the local area and has managed primary school-to-school support projects for the locality. She has also taken part in the Essex peer review project. Tania enjoys developing and delivering training programmes for the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance and has received 100% positive feedback from all of her courses.
Tania Perry also has experience in special education having taught in four special schools and ascended to leadership responsibility including headship. Tania only retired as a National Leader of Education in 2019 and has experience of supporting leadership and management in both the primary and special school sector.
Thursday 9th January 2020 (4.00-5.30pm)
- Leadership and Management
- Characteristics of successful leaders and managers
- Introduction to Action Research that will accompany the course and be completed by participants
Thursday 13th February 2020 (4.00pm-5.30pm)
- Building a successful team
- Having a vision and communicating this to others
Thursday 12th March 2020 (4.00pm-5.30pm)
- Leading a high performing team
- Building and sustaining a high performing team
- Follow up to Action Research project
Thursday 23rd April 2020 (4.00pm-5.30pm)
- Inspiring and engaging staff
- Performance management, coaching and holding colleagues to account
Thursday 14th May 2020 (4.00pm-5.30pm)
- Understanding how we can lead and influence
- Exploration of different leadership styles
Thursday 11th June 2020 (4.00pm-5.30pm)
- Presentation on leadership in education
- Participants present their Action Research Projects
- Celebration event
This event is held at Kingston Primary School:
Kingston Primary School
Please come to the main reception on Church Road to sign in and you will be escorted to the meeting room.
Please can all delegates ensure they arrive at their destination 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the event. This will allow time for delegates to sign in at reception and be escorted to the meeting room.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Should delegates wish to cancel a place on a course you must notify the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance Manager, Denise Mair at DeniseM@thekjs.com.
Failure to attend a course will be considered a cancellation and as such no refund will be offered. If you cancel a place on a fee-paying course within four working weeks, 50% of the fee paid will be reimbursed. Cancellations received within two working weeks will incur the full fee paid. Non-attendance of funded or free places without notification of extenuating circumstances within 48 hours will result in a charge to the school/organisation of £35 per session. Please inform us if you are unable to attend as this may allow another delegate to attend in your place.
Showing all this categories events, places available, in all locations. Filter locations by selecting only the ones you wish to see. . Click a course to book.