Level 4 Award in supporting children/young people with SLCN (online or via blended pathway) Spring term 2021: REGISTRATION DEADLINE 31ST JANUARY 2021(ID 918)
If you have any questions or would like help to make your booking, please telephone 01702 558284 ext 6752.
Click for prices!
- Important Info
Eastern Partnership UK (SEND) is delighted to offer an online accredited Level 4 Award in supporting children/young people with Speech, Language and Communication needs. The qualification focuses on developing the role of TAs/LSAs/support staff working with pupils with SLCN difficulties. The blended programme has been developed by Eastern Partnership UK and includes attendance at virtual workshop sessions.
Course Aims and Structure
This exciting initiative will enable participants to develop their knowledge and confidence in supporting children and young people with speech, language and communication needs and provide them with the opportunity to develop a range of practical skills to fulfil a school-based support role working with children and young people with SLCN.
The qualification is suitable for teaching and support staff working in all phases of education; early years, primary, secondary and post-16.
The course can be offered via a blended pathway during a six-month period with online course materials accessible via laptop/tablet/phone and includes virtual face-to-face sessions.
(please see Eastern Partnership website for further details and pricing)
The course incorporates but is not limited to the following learning outcomes:
- Investigate the roles and responsibilities of different professionals working in schools and settings to support children and young people with SLCN. This will include an exploration of how your own role contributes to the effectiveness of support.
- Typical speech, language and communication development and an understanding of the risk factors that can impact on this development.
- Effective contributions to the early identification of speech, language and communication needs.
- Knowledge of how to analyse the relationship between other areas of development and the impact of SLCN on learning and behaviour.
- Strategies for supporting children and young people with SLCN.
- Developing appropriate techniques to engage children and young people in the support process and provide opportunities for them to develop their skills.
- Opportunity to reflect on current practice in the light of your new learning through the completion of a small-scale project.
You will be allocated an online Learning Outcomes Assessor who will support you to complete your portfolio of evidence and gain the right level of knowledge and practical skills from the course.
To achieve the learning outcomes for the course, you will submit learning journal entries and assessment tasks linked to each chapter using the assessment platform.
Benefit to your Organisation
- Building the capacity of staff to better support children and young people with SLCN in your school
- Impacting positively on pupil outcomes and progress
- Helping improve independent learning behaviours and self-regulation of children who have both short/longer term difficulties with their speech, language and communication.
The course is open to those who are:
- Working in a support role in a school or setting across the phases: early years, nursery and primary
- Building a portfolio of Level 4 SEND related qualifications
Throughout the course participants will be asked to reflect on their own practise and look at ways that they could improve. They will build up a portfolio of evidence that can be accredited. For this reason it is a very specific programme that can lead to change in your school. The course also gives senior leaders in the school an opportunity to audit the provision and practise in school and to consider whether there is a communication friendly environment for all children.
Please click on link for programme flyer with further details and links regarding the qualification Level 4 Award in Supporting Children & Young People with SLCN
THIS TRAINING IS SUITABLE FOR LSAs/TAs/NURSERY ASSISTANTS/SUPPORT STAFF IN EARLY YEARS, PRIMARY, SECONDARY AND POST-16 PHASES.
TO REGISTER FOR A PLACE ON THIS PROGRAMME, PLEASE VISIT: https://easternpartnership.co.uk/training/slcn-level-4/
REGISTRATION MUST TAKE PLACE BY 31ST JANUARY 2021
For further information regarding this qualification, please contact Eastern Partnership UK (SEND) on 01438 845734 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
|No. of people||Description||Price|
The Accredited Level 4 Award in supporting children and young people with SLCN is offered online or via a blended pathway course consisting of online learning and virtual workshop sessions.
This session will take place online via Zoom. Please ensure that you have received joining instructions, including an ID number and password, prior to the session.
Please contact Denise Mair on email@example.com if you have any questions or have not received joining instructions.
Use of Zoom
For those of you that may not have used Zoom before, please load the app onto your chosen devise then simply click on the session link provided or select “Join meeting” and type in the ID number and password provided. Remember to activate your video and audio so that you can be seen and heard by everybody and select gallery view (tap on top left of tablets for this option or swipe right on mobiles) so that you can see other participants and your facilitator.
Please can all delegates ensure they arrive at their destination 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the event. This will allow time for delegates to sign in at reception and be escorted to the meeting room.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Should delegates wish to cancel a place on a course you must notify the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance Manager, Denise Mair at DeniseM@thekjs.com.
Failure to attend a course will be considered a cancellation and as such no refund will be offered. If you cancel a place on a fee-paying course within four working weeks, 50% of the fee paid will be reimbursed. Cancellations received within two working weeks will incur the full fee paid. Non-attendance of funded or free places without notification of extenuating circumstances within 48 hours will result in a charge to the school/organisation of £35 per session. Please inform us if you are unable to attend as this may allow another delegate to attend in your place.
Showing all this categories events, places available, in all locations. Filter locations by selecting only the ones you wish to see. . Click a course to book.