Accredited Level 4 Award in supporting children/young people with SLCN (face-to-face workshop) Workshop 2(ID 817)
If you have any questions or would like help to make your booking, please telephone 01702 558284 ext 6752.
Click for prices!
- Important Info
The Benfleet Teaching School Alliance is delighted to offer an online accredited Level 4 Award in supporting children/young people with Speech, Language and Communication needs focused on developing the role of TAs/LSAs/support staff working with pupils with SLCN difficulties. The blended programme has been developed by Eastern Partnership UK (SEND) with workshop sessions delivered by our accredited Partnership SENCO/SLCN expert.
Course Aims and Structure
This course is offered via a blended pathway consisting of two face-to-face workshop sessions to support online learning during a six-month period with online course materials accessable via laptop/tablet/phone. Portfolio work will be accessed by an online Learning Outcomes Assessor. On successful completion you will gain a Level 4 Award and 6 Level 4 credits from Gateway Qualifications. The programme is designed to build knowledge and confidence and develop a range of practical skills to fulfil a school-based support role for children and young people with SLCN.
The course incorporates but is not limited to the following learning outcomes:
- Investigate the roles and responsibilities of different professionals working in schools and settings to support children and young people with SLCN. This will include an exploration of how your own role contributes to the effectiveness of support.
- Typical speech, language and communication development and an understanding of the risk factors that can impact on this development.
- Effective contributions to the early identification of speech, language and communication needs.
- Knowledge of how to analyse the relationship between other areas of development and the impact of SLCN on learning and behaviour.
- Strategies for supporting children and young people with SLCN.
- Developing appropriate techniques to engage children and young people in the support process and provide opportunities for them to develop their skills.
- Opportunity to reflect on current practice in the light of your new learning through the completion of a small-scale project.
You will be allocated an online Learning Outcomes Assessor who will support you to complete your portfolio of evidence and gain the right level of knowledge and practical skills from the course.
To achieve the learning outcomes for the course, you will submit learning journal entries and assessment tasks linked to each chapter using the assessment platform.
Benefit to your Organisation
- Building the capacity of staff to better support children and young people with SLCN in your school
- Impacting positively on pupil outcomes and progress
- Helping improve independent learning behaviours and self-regulation of children who have both short/longer term difficulties with their speech, language and communication.
The course is open to those who are:
- Working in a support role in a school or setting across the phases: early years, nursery and primary
- Building a portfolio of Level 4 SEND related qualifications
- Wishing to add this course as a unit on the journey towards the Diploma in Supporting Learners for Vulnerable Groups (information available on Eastern Partnership UK (SEND) website)
Throughout the course participants will be asked to reflect on their own practise and look at ways that they could make it better. They will build up a portfolio of evidence that can be accredited. For this reason it is a very specific programme that can lead to change in your school. The course also gives senior leaders in the school an opportunity to audit the provision and practise in school and to consider whether there is a communication friendly environment for all children.
In addition to the online programme, this course consists of 2 face-to-face workshops taking place 1.00pm-4.00pm at Woodham Ley Primary School, Benfleet. (Please see Sessions tab for session dates).
Please click on link for programme flyer with further details and links regarding the qualification Level 4 Award in Supporting Children & Young People with Speech, Language and Communication Needs
THIS TRAINING HAS BEEN SUBSIDISED TO SUPPORT SLCN IN OUR REGION.
THIS TRAINING IS SUITABLE FOR LSAs/TAs/NURSERY ASSISTANTS/SUPPORT STAFF IN EARLY YEARS, FOUNDATION AND PRIMARY PHASES.
TO BOOK A PLACE ON THIS PROGRAMME, PLEASE CLICK ON THE FIRST SESSION BUTTON BELOW AND THEN COMPLETE OUR BOOKING PROCEDURE. THE PRICE RELATES TO THE ONLINE PATHWAY PLUS TWO WORKSHOP SESSIONS.
The cost of the course is £255 (this includes online course materials and accreditation at £195+VAT and £21 for the two workshop sessions). Schools may be able to claim back the VAT element of this cost.
ONCE PARTICIPANTS HAVE BEEN BOOKED ONTO THIS COURSE, THEY WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL DIRECTING DELEGATES TO ALSO REGISTER ON THE EASTERN PARTNERSHIP UK (SEND) WEBSITE. THIS REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED AND WILL BE SHARED WITH GATEWAY QUALIFICATIONS WHO ACCREDIT THE COURSE. REGISTRATION MUST TAKE PLACE BY 31ST JANUARY 2020.
Full details of the qualification can be found at https://easternpartnership.co.uk
|No. of people||Description||Price|
Our Accredited Level 4 Award in supporting children and young people with SLCN is a blended pathway course consisting of online learning and two afternoon workshop sessions (1.00pm-4.00pm) taking place at Woodham Ley Primary School, Benfleet.
Session dates are as follows:
Thursday 27th February 2020
Thursday 11th June 2020
This event will be held at:
Woodham Ley Primary School
154 Rushbottom Lane
Please come to the main reception on Rushbottom Lane to sign in and you will be escorted to the meeting room.
Please can all delegates ensure they arrive at their destination 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the event. This will allow time for delegates to sign in at reception and be escorted to the meeting room.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Should delegates wish to cancel a place on a course you must notify the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance Manager, Denise Mair at DeniseM@thekjs.com.
Failure to attend a course will be considered a cancellation and as such no refund will be offered. If you cancel a place on a fee-paying course within four working weeks, 50% of the fee paid will be reimbursed. Cancellations received within two working weeks will incur the full fee paid. Non-attendance of funded or free places without notification of extenuating circumstances within 48 hours will result in a charge to the school/organisation of £35 per session. Please inform us if you are unable to attend as this may allow another delegate to attend in your place.
Showing all this categories events, places available, in all locations. Filter locations by selecting only the ones you wish to see. . Click a course to book.